Sunday 24 June 2012

What is Purple Crayon Creations?

I am a gamer, Board games, Live roleplay but mostly Tabletop role play games. playing for25 years (damn! I'm old).
When I first started playing at school, even way back then the cost of games was expensive and we couldn't afford the stuff we wanted or the games we wanted to play just didn't exist.

While at High school during our Lunch times, thanks to a friendly English teacher who also did the lunch Chess club, she saw the potential for Story games and allowed us to share her club. We decided to write a few games, Hitch hikers Guide to the Galaxy being one, and my favourite written by my friend Duncan was one where we played robots ala ABC warriors.


Since then Love lives, real life etc took over, but at heart I was still a gamer, Always a wad of paper or Notebook to hand. Recently I helped my Grand daughter make a board game for her homework and we nicknamed the company Purple Crayon Creations.  But this as well as meeting Charlie Warren of Semi retired Gamer blogspot, got me thinking (you know pictures with headaches).I have so many Ideas and notes I should elaborate on them, expand and maybe if possible get them made.One thing you wont find with my games, Expansive rulesets, tables etc. I loath them I never like Rolemaster (the name even put me off), but if you like simple, quick, beer and Pretzel style games think Purple Crayon.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I look forward to seeing what you post here. At one time, I would try out almost any length of rules but the older I get, the more I think that I don't want to be burdened by all of those rules. It seems that many of our basic ideas about gaming are probably very similar. Good start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Warrens Semi-Retired blog is superb.

    I, for one, will be checking this out often. And I love the name 'Purple Crayon Creations'; great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eric, for the support of my blog. Glad you found an interest in this one also.

      Delete
  3. I'm a gamer as well, although I'm not much for designing. Looking forward to seeing what you put out here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather & Baker,
    Thanks for swinging by and taking an interest. Heather if you have any ideas for a game I would happily help out in the design front, Boards miniatures etc. that would be down to you but I'm always happy to have a thought bash.

    As you read, PPC are going to have a go at getting BASH! made, if you could do me the honour of telling your gamer mates and friends.

    ReplyDelete